Friday, December 3, 2010

I'm starting to feel like a horrible mother. When I found out I was pregnant with Burke I was a blogging maniac! In fact, I think I blogged every week. Telling all my feelings, the excitement, the symptoms, the poundage I had gained, etc. This time it has been different. I am still very excited, I've still had symptoms I haven't enjoyed, I've still gained weight, but it's different. I think the biggest thing is I have a very active toddler who keeps me busy! Just like now, I sat down to type this, because Burke was with Greg, and within less than five minutes the little cutie came in here to see what I was doing. Life just isn't the same as it was before Burke!

Because I don't want little baby #2 to throw in my face someday that he didn't get a blog dedicated to him I am going to set my blog to "open" readers again and start blogging once a week! I know all 3 of my readers have been dying for updates! So here we go!

I am 18 weeks pregnant! Can't believe I am already 18 weeks!

I have gained 7 pounds. Yuck! I still wear normal chubby girl clothes. I have two maternity shirts and I love them!

I have had several days of mild cramps. Very scary at times, but if I drink water and put my feet up they go away.

At my 16 week appointment I had an ultrasound by an RN. She is 90% sure baby #2 is a boy! We are thrilled if it is actually a boy. We feel pretty confident it is a boy and will be VERY surprised if at my 20 week ultrasound we find out different!

We have a name picked out for both a boy and girl and we will share after our 20 week appointment!

I don't have cravings...well maybe I do for lemon things. I don't have many aversions...anymore.

I am tired a lot!

We are trying to teach Burke that mommy has a baby in her tummy. So far, that is a very hard concept for Burke to understand. He now points at his belly and says "baby"!

On to Burke happenings....

Burke is 22 months old! OMG how did that happen! My little baby is growing so fast.

He wears a size 4 diaper, size 18-24 month clothes, weights 27 lbs, and is 32 inches long.

He is a little talker. We took his pacifier away about two months ago and his vocabulary soared! Very good decision that we made!

He had surgery about a month ago and I am happy to report it is healing very nicely. FINALLY! It was a nightmare at first.

He has a little bit of a tendency to be a bully. We are not sure where this comes from, but we are working diligently on correcting him on this. We will not tolerate pushing and hitting.

He loves his Paige, and squeals with delight when he sees her. They are quite the couple. Paige is 6 weeks younger than Burke. They are adorable together.

We try to have a play date every couple of weeks. His friends are Melodie, Tyler, Jacob, Addison, and of course, Paige.

He is still a HORRIBLE eater. This is a very concerning for us. If he had his way he would live on fruit, cheese, and a few crackers. He won't eat meat for anything. Carrie W, I know you love that!

He loves to color and play play do! Every day he goes and gets his crayons. This week he used the kitchen tile as his paper. Nice.

He loves Team UniZommi, Dora, and Mickey Mouse Club house. He watches too much TV, but whatever!

He loves to play outside! Loves it!

Burke will be such a good big brother. It is hard for me to imagine two little Burke's running around. Actually it scares the crap out of me! Burke keeps me busy!

Until next week!

Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that my little Burkie is a veg-head. So is Haven. If any meat sneaks in his food he spits it out. But Grace is a total carnivore. She loves those hotdogs and bacon! Glad to see you're blogging again. I'm going to try and be better about it too!

    ReplyDelete